1. Vendors may set up on Wewoka Ave.beginning no earlier than 6:00 pm on Friday, October 27, 2023 and MUST be fully set-up with their vehicles off of Wewoka Ave. by 8:00 am on Saturday, October 28, 2023. We DO NOT provide special security for vendors setting-up Friday night and YOU are responsible for your personal property. However, the area is well-lit and there is set-up going on throughout the night. WE DO NOT PROVIDE MANPOWER TO ASSIST YOU WITH SETTING-UP OR TEARING-DOWN.
2. Vendors MUST check-in with the Information Booth (located in front of Your HomeTown Insurance – 211 S Wewoka Ave.) prior to 8:00 am on Saturday. Here you will receive your booth packet with information and your booth #.
3. Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc. reserves the right to refuse any item(s) considered in bad taste/and or dangerous. (Examples include: rubber band guns; snap fireworks; real or toy guns, knives, or weapons; items portraying profanity, nudity, racism, etc.
Vendors violating this rule will be shut down during the festival and not allowed to return. Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc. shall also have the right to request removal of any work or items that were not pre-approved or which violate any rules of Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc.
4. Vendors are responsible for their display area. Display areas are 10’ x 12’. Vendors must furnish their own means of display that must be sturdy enough to withstand large crowds and weather. If tent or canopy is used, it must be weighted down to withstand strong Oklahoma winds Each vendor shall sell and advertise from their assigned space(s) only. Vendors are not authorized to walk around to sell their merchandise.
5. Retail vendors will sell directly to the public and are expected to collect Oklahoma State, Seminole County, and City of Wewoka sales taxes at the aggregate rate of 9.75% and remit to the Oklahoma Tax Commission categorized appropriately. Vendors with valid Sales Tax Permits must remit a copy with their application. Vendors without a valid permit must collect appropriate sales taxes and remit them to the Information Booth by 4:00 p.m. Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc. submits names and contact information for ALL vendors attending the festival to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
6. Festival hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. It is mandatory that all vendors stay until the end of the festival. Any vendors who do not make prior arrangements for early pull-out will not be invited back. Closing early makes a hazard for other vendors and Festival visitors.
7. A confirmed reservation from Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc. is a commitment to show. NO refunds will be made for cancellation, weather, or removal for cause. Remember: this is Oklahoma - anything can happen weather-wise!
8. It is the vendor’s responsibility to keep their immediate area clean and free of trash/litter during the festival. It is also the responsibility of the vendor to clean their area before departure. A clean up fee will be incurred if area is left trashed.
9. Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc. assumes no responsibility for personal injury, damage to or loss of personal property by vendor, its employees, or volunteers staffing the booth, its guests, and clients. Vendor hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc., its officers and directors, the City of Wewoka, Wewoka Chamber of Business & Industry, and the Seminole Nation Historical Society, Inc., and all event sponsors harmless with respect to any and all aspects of its operations of said vendor booth.
10. Vendor agrees to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, county, and city regulations pertaining to the operation of its business in its booth including, without limitations, fire regulations, and state and county health and safety codes.
VENDOR RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
I hereby make application to become a vendor in the WEWOKA SORGHUM FESTIVAL and request permission to display and sell the products/and or services listed above. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth within and established by WEWOKA SORGHUM FESTIVAL, INC. and understand that WEWOKA SORGHUM FESTIVAL, INC. reserves the right to approve any product/item/service a vendor may wish to sell or promote, as well as limit the number of vendors selling the same product/item/service. Furthermore, I hereby release and forever discharge WEWOKA SORGHUM FESTIVAL, INC., its officers and directors, from any responsibility for loss, claims, damages, theft, injury or accident. It is further agreed that this applicant shall maintain his/her space, merchandise, activities, and business practices while attending the WEWOKA SORGHUM FESTIVAL. Applicant understands that violation or non-compliance of rules may result in immediate expulsion of Applicant and his/her exhibit from the festival.
PAY BY CHECK
Please make all checks payable to: Wewoka Sorghum Festival, Inc.
C/O Vend Coord
PO Box 1089
Wewoka, OK 74884-1089
PAY BY CARD
If you are planning to pay via credit card, you will be directed to a page once you have submitted the form. Please MAKE SURE YOU CLICK AND PAY WITH CARD on the next page. If payment is not received, or is rejected, your application will not be valid.